How Much Can A RAM 1500 Tow?
The 2020 RAM 1500 is now available to Glen Dale drivers, continuing the storied legacy of this light-duty truck with high performance and great interior amenities. But how much can a RAM 1500 tow? Straub Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram answers this all-important question and covers the specs that contribute to great RAM 1500 towing capacity below.
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
Your RAM 1500 towing capacity depends upon your choice of engine, many of which are available across all trim levels. If you need a RAM 1500 for tough Wheeling jobs, you may choose the 5.7L V8 HEMI® engine for a max 12,750 pounds of towing capacity. Other engine options provide stellar specs, too:
- Get a towing capacity of 7,730 pounds on the 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque engine, which generates 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque.
- Upgrade to 11,610 pounds of towing capacity on the 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT engine, which gives you 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque.
- The 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque engine upgrade comes with the same horsepower and torque figures as above, but the eTorque technology boosts your towing to the max RAM 1500 towing capacity of 12,750 pounds.
- The 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine has the highest diesel tow rating in its class with 12,560 pounds of RAM 1500 towing capacity, in addition to 260 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque.
RAM 1500 Towing Equipment and Technology
When it comes to choosing trucks, the question isn’t just, “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?”, but also, “Can I have controlled, efficient towing in Moundsville with the RAM 1500?”. The answer is yes! With a combination of strong equipment and advanced towing tech, your RAM 1500 provides a superior towing experience.
- eTorque Mild Hybrid System and TorqueFlite® Transmission: The mild hybrid system combines with the sophisticated proprietary transmission system on the RAM 1500 for smooth rides and an excellent EPA-estimated fuel economy of 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Your safety system on the RAM 1500 doesn’t just monitor your vehicle, but your trailer as well, informing you of any problems that are out of sight.
- 14.0-Inch Brakes: These are the largest-in-class brakes.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This 60/40 split gate can handle the demands of your 2,100 – 2,300 pound payload and is designed for easy access.
Find the 2020 RAM 1500 at Straub Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
Want to take advantage of the impressive RAM 1500 towing capacity? At Straub Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram , drivers from Glen Dale to St. Clairsville, OH can find the RAM 1500 and tons of resources to help them choose the vehicle they need. If you’re still researching, conduct more model comparisons. Or use our finance center to secure a payment plan. In any case, contact us today to get behind the wheel of your next truck!
More from Straub Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The new 2020 RAM 1500 comes in a wide variety of trim levels that boost your pickup performance and add amenities. But for truly distinct looks, Glen Dale drivers may be eyeing the RAM 1500 Special Editions, with their striking design features, engine perks, and tech equipment. Straub Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram covers both current and past RAM 1500…
The 2020 RAM 1500 is now available to Glen Dale drivers, continuing the storied legacy of this light-duty truck with high performance and great interior amenities. But how much can a RAM 1500 tow? Straub Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram answers this all-important question and covers the specs that contribute to great RAM 1500 towing capacity below. New RAM 1500…
The 2020 model year offers eight different Jeep Wrangler configurations for you to choose from Whether you are looking for the most cost-effective Wrangler Sport option or the most rugged-as-they-come Rubicon option, you won’t be disappointed by their available performance features. Each of the new Jeep Wrangler trim levels offer their own personality, but…